Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dude, where’s my 401K?

So I've always been a news junkie - much to my friends' dismay at having to hear me get on my soapbox. Due to the elections I have been even more glued to the TV than usual so when the stock market plummeted over 500pts on Mon I was pretty freaked. I mean WTF is going on? All these banks are going under, these huge companies, some of which survived the great depression and now they need to be bailed out or they go under? I started my 401K a few years ago, I don't own my home, so like many folks, my 401K IS my nest egg. So I'm kind of concerned, what's gonna happen to my 401K? How long will it take to bounce back? It's scary times we live in...

So of course, the reps & dems are both out there talking about what they will do and I was annoyed to hear Grandpa Mac say that he'd get a commission to look into it. WTF is that gonna do? Commissions don't fix anything! WTF did the 9/11 commission do? NOTHING!! So I guess he still doesn't know shit about the economy. UGH! And I know Obama has jumped on McCain's stupid comments, but the one thing the networks are not talking about is just how WRONG McCain is about retirement planning. McCain - just like BUSH - wanted to let people manage their own social security retirement plans & let us all invest our own $$ in the STOCK MARKET, while allowing deregulation. If he had been president during this collapse & destroyed social security most retirement aged Americans would have lost it ALL. So how is it that I understand this & they don't?? WTF!

I don't know why Obama doesn't stress that point. It's such a scary time in our nation...

No comments: